An average of 45 million profiles are viewed on LinkedIn each day. As a result, LinkedIn has become a key tool to help market your business and professional life. LinkedIn company pages don’t have the accessibility as a personal LinkedIn profile. Joining groups is one of the key ways to put your company’s name and expertise out there as well as gain new connections and opportunities.
Tips for LinkedIn Groups
1) Don’t join too many groups.. Join five to six groups at most so you will have time to participate, engage and build a strong presence with each of them.
2) Join Content Niches. Be specific in your posts to find people who have similar interests.
3) Connect with people who frequently talk/ comment in your groups and conduct private conversations, follow them on Twitter or other forms of social media.
4) Add “Follow us on LinkedIn” on your company website and email signature.
5) Don’t just join communications or PR groups. Join groups that relate to your clients interests as well.
6) Follow the rule of thirds. What’s that in this context? I remember learning about it in photography class
Tips for Company Pages
About 80 percent of LinkedIn members want to connect with company pages. Even though company pages do not have the same accessibility, it is still important to have them.
1) Brand your page to make it SEO friendly. Google previews will show 156 characters of your description page text. Use industry keywords in your description. Members will find your company page by searching those keywords.
2) Post in the morning. This is gives your post a longer shelf life and insures that more people will view and engage with it. Updates with links have a 45 percent higher engagement rate.
3) Link your website and other social media on your LinkedIn page to ensure that potential clients can easily find you.